By Jeff Jaeckle
Read or Download Film Dialogue (NONE) PDF
Similar film & video art books
The horror style harbors a couple of motion pictures too daring or weird and wonderful to be successful with mainstream audiences, yet providing particular, startling and infrequently groundbreaking features that experience received them an everlasting following. starting with Victor Sjöström’s The Phantom Carriage in 1921, this e-book tracks the evolution and effect of underground cult horror over the resultant a long time, ultimate with William Winckler’s Frankenstein vs.
Encouraged via woman psychology and gender concerns, this howto e-book casts a refreshingly sincere and empowering womencentric gentle on each level of the screenwriting process.
Narrative and spectacle describe extremes of movie content material, however the oeuvres of John Cassavetes and David Cronenberg withstand such categorization. in its place, Robert Furze argues, the defining attribute of Cassavetes and Cronenberg’ respective methods is that of “visceral” cinema—a time period that illustrates the nervousness those filmmakers galvanize of their audiences.
The flicks of Michelangelo Antonioni presents an summary of the Italian director's lifestyles and paintings, and examines six of his most vital and intellectually demanding motion pictures. L'avventura, l. a. notte, and L'eclisse, published within the early Sixties, shape the trilogy that first introduced the director to overseas recognition.
- Jack Pierce - The Man Behind the Monsters
- Hollywood Sound Design and Moviesound Newsletter: A Case Study of the End of the Analog Age
- Picturing American Modernity: Traffic, Technology, and the Silent Cinema (e-Duke books scholarly collection.)
- Euro-Visions: Europe in Contemporary Cinema
- The Cinema of Tom DiCillo: Include Me Out (Directors' Cuts)
- Horror, The Film Reader (In Focus: Routledge Film Readers)
Extra resources for Film Dialogue (NONE)